Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Paul Mitchell Design's

  So, i went and got my hair done today, and my hair needless to say is ridiculous. It is long, curly, and thick. Like Brooke Shield's Eyebrows thick. Ick! That actually grossed me out, anyway. So my hairdresser has colored my hair, dried it and is now moving on to straightening it. I always hate this part, the straightening part. Why? Because almost every hair dresser ive ever gone too fails to straighten my hair better than i do, maybe i have too high of expectations of hair dressers? Maybe i just have ridiculous hair that God gave to me, because he knew i was the only person on the planet who could work with it (other than my fabulous mother, thanks mom. you rock)
 Anyway, no matter what the reason is to why hair dressers fail at accomplishing straight, smooth, non frizzy hair, is un-known to my knowledge. But she is straightening it, and im watching, cringing internally knowing that im going to have to re-do it at home, for 144$ im having to redo my hair. Yes, i spent that much on my hair today. That in itself is ridiculous.
 So my point being, how many times have you paid too much for something only to get a half- done job. It drives me crazy!
One day i will find the perfect hair dresser who will understand that importance of me looking my absolute best and attempt to take more than 15 minutes on my head of hair.
So wrapping up my very prolonged story, and point, i wonder if that is how we treat God. He literally paid a high price for you. He paid a ridiculous high price to save your life.
We all know the story, he sent his Son, Jesus, to come and die for us so that we could live and not be sentenced to an eternal bondage. But with this well-known story, we often miss the fact that, like my hairdresser, we can do a half-baked job.


I paid a ridiculous price for my hair, why? Because i cherish my hair, it is something that i put time, money and effort into because i want it to look the best it can, and make me look the best i can.
God put time, effort and a price in free-ing you. In making sure that you get the best result, he paid a price so you could figuratively walk out of the salon with top qaulity hair, with a top quality life.
Jesus died so you could walk a free life, full of the best quality and the best possible experiences that would be full of God.

So when someone does a half-baked, half- done task for you, it defeats the purpose of you paying a price for it. Me paying so much money for my hair to be done, then have to go home and do it myself defeats the purpose of me going to someone to do it, when they dont do it to the full measure.

God paid the ultimate price for you, dont give him results that he has to redo later. Live you life full, put time into the things God has given you, appreciate what you have and work with what you have. You dont want to be ripped off, or feel like you dont remember why you go to such lengths to do things for people when you get a crappy result.
God doesnt want a half-baked result from you either.
He wants the whole package, the color, the wash, the dry and the styling all for the the price he paid. He wants your full potential to shine through.

Live your life as a statement of excellent. 


That was all i wanted to say today.
:)

Amante Di Mia Anima

No comments:

Post a Comment